1/01/2009

Another long overdue post

(Pretend it is October 1st instead of January 1st)
My little girl is not a baby anymore. I know that she hasn't been a baby for a long time but everytime I look at her she seems older and more grown up. I miss her bald head, big blue eyes, and bright toothless smile. But I love now seeing her beautiful smile and those same blue eyes as she changes from a little girl into a wonderful young lady. Her smile lights up a room and her laugh is infectious. She is a kind, helpful, intelligent, inquisitive, sweet spirited, funny, loving girl. People have told me you can tell how special and wonderful she is just be looking at her smile. I have to agree! Even though she is only turning nine, I feel like she is growing up way to fast. Thankfully, though, she still likes to snuggle, play with her sisters, and act silly. And she hasn't gotten to old to hold my hand our let me give her a kiss in front of her friends at school. She has gotten a little more picky about what she will wear and how she wants her hair fixed. There are some things I lover about her getting older. Taylor really loves to sit down with a good book and would read through the night if I would let her. She is involved in several after school activities that she loves. She is pretty self sufficient with her homework. She is an excellent helper at home. And she now is big enough to need this beauty:

Taylor has asked for a new bike for every birthday and Christmas for the past couple of years. Our neighborhood is not very bike riding friendly so we have held off. This year for her birthday, she once again asked for a bike and that is the only thing she wanted. So in the morning when she left to go on her birthday breakfast date with Daddy, this was waiting on the front porch.

She was just as happy and excited as I had expected and I love watching her ride it. Of course, I won't let her out of my sight and I freak out everytime I hear a car.

The other half of her birthday excitement had to wait a few weeks. We went to see High School Musical 3 and she got to bring Hannah along. We had to wait until the movie came out, which was several weeks after her birthday. The wait was worth it. She loved it and has already asked if we can buy it when it comes out on DVD. I am sure we will.

3 comments:

Scrappinwendi said...

Everytime I get on your blog the ABBA song breaks my heart. I know how you feel about them growing up so fast.

Susan said...

There really is something very special about Taylor - almost like she has an old soul (as we say in the south.) She is a beautiful girl both inside and out. Hope she had a great day!

Anna said...

I LOVE being a part of your girls' life! They are sweet, kind, respectful, funny, and an absolute joy to be around. You've raised them right! Kudos to great parenting!