5/14/2008

That's all that's left?


I made another new recipe for Family Home Evening treat on Monday. I know the pictures don't look appetizing, but it must have been good because it went fast. Between Bryan, my mom, and the kids having some (and seconds) and my mom taking some to Grandma Jeannie's house there was just enough left for the girls to take for snack the next day. The recipe is supposed to be for snack bars but they seemed more cake like. Here it is:

1 1/3 c. all-purpose flour
1 1/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. cocoa
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
4 eggs, beaten
3/4 c. butter or margerine, melted
1/2 c. each milk chocolate chips, semi-sweet chocolate chips, and vanilla or white chips
3 snickers candy bars cut into 1/4 inch pieces

In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Combine the eggs and butter. Add to dry ingredients and mix well. Stir in chips. Pour into a greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Immediately sprinkle with candy bar pieces. Cool on a wire rack.

Another must try recipe. If you do, let me know how you like it.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I love new recipes so keep them coming.

Andrea said...

Okay, Annie I'm going through blog withdrawal. I miss your post. Please don't tell me this is what I'm going to have to look forward to while your gone!

Lynne said...

I agree, Andrea. I miss her posts, too. I'll make sure she blogs while she's here.

Andrea said...

Thanks Lynne!