5/14/2008

I love Mother's Day!

Mother's Day was awesome this year. Besides having the greatest kids in the whole world, I have the greatest husband in the whole world, that always makes sure Mother's Day is extra special for me. He took the kids out Friday night to shop for presents. I gave him a list to help him out. When they gave me my presents on Sunday morning, I had everything from the list: an apron, a can opener, measuring spoons, a Taste of Home magezine, and the new Creating Keepsakes. I was also presented with beautiful cards that the girls had made at school. I was also pleasantly surprised to get something that wasn't on my list. An mp3 player. I have been wanting one. But, that is one of those things that I think would be cool to have but would never buy for myself. The best part about it is that it connects to my new treadmill. I also got a Mother's Day surprise in the mail. It's a book called "Mothering with Spiritual Power." I totally love it and would highly recommend it.

I am the luckiest mom in the world! My kids were so obedient and kind on Sunday, at my request. They are generally pretty good kids, but they stepped it up a notch on Mother's Day. And of course, Bryan is really great too. He made the kids breakfast, ironed all the clothes, and got them dressed. We were actually EARLY to church for the first time since I can remember. After church, he made lunch for the girls and me, then insisted that I enjoy the rest of the afternoon by myself. So I went into our room with my new magazine and chilled. I got a little lonely though, so I went into the living room to be with the family. The girls went off to build a fort, so I took a little nap. I spent the rest of the afternoon with the girls, rearranging my scrapbook space to make room for the treadmill (which I l-o-v-e.) It was a great day, and I feel so blessed to be a mom. It is the best job in the whole world.

1 comment:

Scrappinwendi said...

Glad you had a great Mother's day you deserve it girl! I am going to have to get with you and find out about that treadmill. I am so wanting one but Chris wants a Nordic Track. Maybe I can persuade him.