5/04/2008

My little helper

Hayden has been my little helper ever since she could walk. She loves to help unload the dishwasher, help put clothes in the dryer, sort socks, set the table, help cook, etc. But her most favorite job of all is bringing the garbage can in from the street. I have never quite understood why she likes it so much, because the can is bigger than she is and we have a steep driveway so it is no easy task. The garbage usually runs pretty early in the morning, so right after dropping the girls off at school on Thursdays, she runs down to see if the can is empty. And if it is, she starts the long journey up the driveway. I always offer to help, but she never wants it.
This is the funniest thing to watch when she is hauling it uphill. From this angle you can't see her, so it looks like it is going up the driveway by itself.
Since this whole garbage can experience occurs on a weekly basis, I decided to take pictures of it. So, Hayden also wanted a posed picture with the garbage can. I know, totally gross. But this is her holding an imaginary bouquet of flowers and pretending to marry the garbage can.
Hayden is doubly excited now about garbage, because last week our recycle can was delivered. So now she gets to haul two different cans up the driveway. I tell you she is one lucky girl.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Way to go Hayden. I need a little helper like you! I love the pictures and the one where the garbage can appears to be moving itself is way TOOO CUTE! LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

hi annie, this is charity spillane betts, at your moms invite I am checking out all cowart girls blogs...I am having a slow recovery from baby #7 and looking for things to keep my brain from frying, staring at the ceiling yet again...I am laughing so hard, I'm crying...I love Hayden, she is just like my Sage, who is 11 now, but life is never boring with them around!

Anonymous said...

hi annie, this is charity spillane betts, at your moms invite I am checking out all cowart girls blogs...I am having a slow recovery from baby #7 and looking for things to keep my brain from frying, staring at the ceiling yet again...I am laughing so hard, I'm crying...I love Hayden, she is just like my Sage, who is 11 now, but life is never boring with them around!