4/16/2008

A recipe I have to share

I love to try new recipes. I like to dig through my cookbooks or check out several blogs that I have bookmarked . Well, I discovered this recipe in one of my compilation cookbooks. I don't know if that's the real name for them. You know, it is one of those cookbooks from an organization that is usually sold for a fund raiser. I love those kind because people usually submit their good, tried and true recipes to those. Anyway, I came across this recipe for Honey Bun cake when I was looking to make a dessert from ingredients I had on hand, and my family fell in love with it. I have made it several times and it never lasts more than a day at our house. I made it again Sunday night when Bryan's parents came over for dinner. This is what was left for them to take home.

I know that it doesn't look terribly appetizing in the picture, but it is GOOOOOOOD! So here is the recipe:

Honey Bun Cake

1pkg. yellow cake mix
8 oz. sour cream
3/4 c. oil
4 eggs
1 c. brown sugar
3 Tbs. cinnamon
2 c. powdered sugar
1/4 c. milk
1 Tbs. vanilla

Mix cake mix, oil, eggs, and sour cream. Pour half of batter into a greased 9x13 pan. Spread cinnamon and brown sugar over batter. Cover with other half of batter. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes. While cake is hot, mix powdered sugar, milk and vanilla. Pour over hot cake.

I always use more brown sugar and cinnamon that the recipe calls for. It is too easy not to try this recipe. Let me know if you try it and how you like it.

This cake also goes well with a game of Uno.

No comments: