4/26/2008

Summertime is finally here

Yes, I know it is only spring. But it's definately summer-ish. All the signs point to summer. We have full on heat and humidity. I think it is finally safe to pack the winter clothes away. School will be out in less than 4 weeks. And the ice cream man has started making his rounds. The girls came running in when they heard the first truck this afternoon. But by the time I robbed Bryan's wallet, the truck was gone, but obviously not forgotten. So when the second truck came, we were ready. After he handed over a powerpuff girl popsicle for Taylor, a lil bratz popsicle for Hayden, a giant ice cream sandwich for their friend, and some mouth dyeing popsicle for Payton, I handed the man his money and told him to never come back by here again. I don't think he took me seriously, though. I am pretty sure their map has a big star by our house so they know to come to our house everyday and drive around the block blaring Turkey in the Straw until I give in and buy more.


Of course I had to take a few cute pictures. When I came back in the house, Bryan saw me with the camera. Can you believe he accused me of letting the girls get stuff from the ice cream man just so I could take pictures?! Of course I wanted pictures. 1) I need something to blog about and 2)When the girls complain about how they never get anything they want, I have proof otherwise. But that is not why I let them get something. I knew that everyday we heard that music coming up the street, they would beg me for ice cream. If he came by 100 times, they would beg and whine about it 100 times. So I say lets get it out of the way now and save ourselves a whole lot of trouble. Today there is ice cream for everyone, even the neighbor friend. Check that off the list of summer to-dos.

And since we are in that summer-ish spirit, we broke out the sidewalk chalks. Sidewalk chalk is not near the top of the list of things I love. Especially, since our house is on the market. Last time we got it out, the girls drew all over the fences around the backyard. But, hey after getting playdough out last night, (another one of my least favorite toys) what can a little sidewalk chalk hurt.
Just a sidenote: We scrubbed Payton's face with a loofah and still couldn't get that blue popsicle dye off. So if the ice cream man comes by your house, don't get the mouth splasher, tongue dying gigantic popsicle. You will regret it if you do.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Annie--LOVE your post. The girls are adorable,as always. Your neighborhood must keep the ice cream man busy, he never comes to our house!
Oh, and I so agree about playdough, sidewalk chalk and let me add one more, bubbles---my kids always end up bringing it inside and spilling them everywhere. Don't you just love summer!

Scrappinwendi said...

Lovin that blue face it made me LOL! Casey was asking for the icecream man yesterday too. Saturday seems to be the day. But I lucked out because he either didnt show or we missed him.

Alabama Apples said...

I love the blue teeth! Great pictures...what a fun mamma you are to buy ice cream. I pretend I don't hear it when it goes by.

Parkes Family said...

I love all the pictures! i want ice cream now hahaha im waiting for the day we get out of school for summer im counting down the days...14, thats all we have left :]