4/13/2008

Breakfast for lunch

Did I mention that it rained alot last weekend? While it stormed like crazy (we got somewhere between 7 and 11 inches) all through the night on Friday, we lost power. That means no alarm clock to wake Bryan for the paper route. Good thing he has been doing it long enough to have an internal clock. It was back on by about 6:00 Saturday morning. So it didn't effect us too much. The storm had completely passed by Saturday afternoon. But for some reason, we lost power again Saturday night. Not a problem until it is time to get ready for church. Luckily the water in the hot water heater was still hot so we could take showers. I called the power company and they said it would be back on by 10:30. Fortunately it was conference Sunday so we didn't need to be at church until 11:00. We had everything ready for a marathon ironing session when the power came back on at 10:15. (Now I understand the whole thing about Saturday being the day we get ready for Sunday.) But with no power up to that point I couln't fix the girls breakfast. So we had lunch for breakfast. Yummy PB&J, pretzels, and fruitcups. So I promised the girls I would cook them a special breakfast thing for lunch. When we got home from conference, we didn't waste any time.


And within the hour we had monkey bread. I can almost smell it when I look at that picture.
It was pretty much all gone by the end of the day. And they are already talking about the next time I should make it.

No comments: