4/13/2008

Rain, Rain go away!

Last Saturday, we had a gulley washer. It rained all night Friday night and most of the day Saturday. Even after it stopped it was too wet for the girls to play outside. So we stayed inside all day. The girls decided this was the perfect opportunity to drag out all the color books, markers, and crayons. They spent several hours coloring their hearts out. I loved it, because they didn't argue at all. They had such a fun time just hanging out with each other. I love it when that happens.
A huge bonus was that it gave me the chance to sort through all the color books. We kept one third, threw away a third (the totally trashed ones), and set aside a third for the nursery, if they want them. I also went through the container of markers and threw out all of the dried out ones. Then I went through the crayons and got rid of the little broken pieces. On top of all that, I decided to clean out the closet where we keep all that stuff. Usually rainy days make me feel unmotivated. But, not this time. Guess what color marker Hayden was using? I understand how it gets all over their hands and arms. But how it got between her eyes and up her nose, I will never know.

1 comment:

Scrappinwendi said...

Hayden looks about 12 in this picture. She is growing up so fast!!!