4/16/2008

Spring Break

I am not a super huge fan of the beach. But my kids LOVE it. So, when the Kirbytons (Singletons and Kirbys) invited us to come spend the day with them at their condo, I couln't pass it up. I was a little worried that it would be too cold. But, it was beautiful and the kids had a great time. I could barely get them to sit still long enough for a few pictures. The water was freezing but they didn't mind.

Grant's Pop was nice enough to play with all the kids in the water and lift them up when the waves came. There was no undertow and the water was pretty calm. Pop even built sandcastles with them and brought popsicles for everyone.




I do have to admit that I did enjoy myself. It is so relaxing to sit there in the sun, with the cool breeze, and dig my feet into the sand. Payton woke up this morning and wanted to go back to the beach. Maybe later in the week, but not today. I am still sweeping up sand from all over the house and nursing a sunburn I got on my ear and part of my neck that I missed with sunscreen.

3 comments:

Scrappinwendi said...

I am jealous! I cant wait to hit the beach this year. This is the perfect weather too (not to hot yet)

Ann said...

it was cold, but not cold enough to keep ross out of the water. Chocolate Chip Cookies are magical!

Andrea said...

Absolutely love the pics! Your kids are so adorable!