4/16/2008

FHE and another recipe

We are so happy that Addy was able to go home from the hospitall yesterday. It was so sad to see her sick, and to see Daylyn and Jill go through the horrible of experience of having your baby be in the hospital. So, having been there before, we did what we could to help them endure it. We decided to take our FHE lesson and treat to them on Monday night. It wasn't the most well behaved our kids have ever been during family home evening, but it was fun.




For dessert, I made these super easy chocolate truffles. I didn't have any eggs, so I was looking for something easy that I could make without eggs. So I found this truffle recipe and it turned out perfectly.

Easy truffles:

3 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips, 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk, 1 Tbs. vanilla

Mix the chocolate chips and milk together. Microwave on half power until melted. (Do it in 30 second intervals and stir between each time.) Then stir in vanilla. Chill in refrigerator until cool enough to roll into balls. Then roll them in sprinkles, powdered sugar, crushed nuts, coconut, etc. I let them set in the fridge a little longer after we made them.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I know that must have been a great FHE. It's nice that you can bring a little bit of normalcy to a bad situation. I'm glad that all is well and she was able to come home. Thanks for the recipe too! I'll have to try it. Mike LOVES truffles.