5/27/2008

The birthday week has started

Hayden will be turning 5 on Thursday. In keeping with tradition she was given the option of a birthday party or a "mall day." This is the first year that she has decided against a birthday party. That didn't hurt my feelings at all, since I am trying to get ready for our trip. Out of necessity, caused by high gas prices, we started the mall day early at Build-a-bear, on Monday, since we were already in Spanish Fort visiting the in-laws. And so the weeklong celebration has begun. We went to Krispy Kreme this morning with the Kirbytons for birthday doughnuts (which were free, thanks to straight A's on Taylor and Payton's report cards.) Tomorrow, Hayden will be treated to lunch out with Mimi and Grandma Jeannie. They are taking Hayden to fill up on her favorite food--crab claws. On Thursday, Hayden will start the day with a breakfast date with daddy ( a family tradition) then complete the mall day experience. She was also lucky enough to have a mini-birthday party on Monday thanks to Aiti and Aunt Jill. She sure is spoiled.

Here are the pictures from Build-a-bear. She immediately decided on the wolf/Alaskan Huskey. She can't decide what exactly it is. Hayden knew right away that she wanted it because "it looks just like Boris." Boris is my brother, Dave's, dog that Hayden loves very much and talks about often. The girls refer to him as their dog cousin and are super excited to see him on our visit to Utah. Anyway, I had Hayden look at and feel every other animal, but she was sure that she wanted this one.

She wanted it stuffed full so that it would stand up. I have no idea what her wish was when she put the little heart in, but she was thinking very hard.
We went through the routine of brushing and picking out an outifit.

She knew right away that it was a girl so she picked out a very frilly dress for her and some hairbows, too. So meet the newest member of our family, Angelina.

Here are the pictures of her mini-birthday party.

She thanked everyone for the presents, without being prompted and was very generous with the hugs. I don't think she was expecting the party, so she was very excited.

It was nice to have most of the family there, including Granny and Paw-Paw. The only people missing from Bryan's side, were the Nowells. Hopefully we will be seeing them this summer when the come visit.

Thanks to Jill and Aiti, there was plenty of cake and ice cream and Addilyn was not going to miss out on that.

5 comments:

Brooke said...

I so remember the birthday parties in Mobile. No one knows how to party more than a Mobile-person -- I love seeing the pictures of your girls and I remember holding the two older ones in church. I hate that they have to grow up -- is it them getting older or me getting older that bothers me more? Anyway, love looking at your blog - I gain about 5 pounds everytime I look. CANNOT wait to make those bar/brownie treats. I'll let you know how they are and how long they last.

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday Hayden! She was so cute in primary on Sunday when we sang the "Happy, Happy Birthday" song to her. And she was telling Sis. Hughes all about the crab claws. I can just see that little girl going to town on them. LOL. She is so sweet and cute!

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday Week Sweet Girl!! I hope it's a blast!!

Scrappinwendi said...

Happy Birthday to you...Happy Birthday to you...Happy Birthday dear Hayden...Happy Birthday to you!
The big 0-5! You are getting so big girlie!

Ann said...

Oh, Hayden, happy birthday! I remember going to see your Mom in the hospital when you were born. We took her a calzone from the Mello Mushroom...lol. I hope your day was the greatest.

Sister Beck