5/27/2008

I have a new job

It is not a job that I actually applied for. It is one I was selected for by a panel of three important people. It is only a seasonal position. It will last from noon on Thursday May 22nd to 8:15 am August 8th. I was appointed as the new event coordinator for the Emmertson household. Apparently, the games, books, toys, backyard, TV, etc. that my children have, are not enough to keep them busy. They think in my position I am supposed to keep them entertained at all waking hours of the day. I am pretty sure they expect new and exciting activities planned for them at each half hour interval. School had only been out 2 days when I had heard "I'm bored" enough times to make me crazy. So I started my new job off with a bang. We had a rip-roarin' good time play Twister Moves.


Twister Moves is a little to difficult for Hayden so she did her best to annoy her sister by jumping on the mats. When that didn't work, she resorted to backbends to get attention.

We have many more hours and days of fun ahead of us this summer. And, yes, some of that time will be filled with TV watching. If the past couple of days is any indication, we will be watching The Sound of Music ALOT. I think we might need to get some more furniture. I don't know if the one beanbag chair will last with this kind of use.


2 comments:

Ann said...

WOW, you are a nicer Mommy than I was! If mine said they were bored I had a list of chores for them. Please don't let them know I was an evil Mom...

Ann B

Andrea said...

You are too funny! If you were going to be here for the summer, I would ask if you ever do side jobs? :)
My girls too used the "I'm bored" on Monday while I was cleaning and Ann I too said, "OH goody, you can help me scrub the toilets". They both quickly found something to do. I guess I'm a mean mom too.