1/01/2009

Let's start at the very beginning...

...A very good place to start.
When you read, you begin with A-B-C.
When you blog you begin with Halloween.
OK, I know those aren't the words to the song. But, it applies here. While I have lots of Christmas and Disney vacation pictures and stories to share, I am a little bit behind on the posts. So for the enjoyment of my #1 blog fan, Riley, I am going to start back at Halloween and work forward.
Taylor went as a 50's girl. You may remember that her and Bryan attended a Daddy/Daughter Sock Hop together back in August. Taylor wore her poodle skirt from that for Halloween. She looked especially cute with the new hair accessory she picked out. Payton was a Vampire Princess - not to be confused with just a vampire (like she was last year.) Ever since the summer when Riley let us borrow her beautiful boots, Hayden has wanted to be a cowgirl. Don't be confused by the Sheriff's badge she is wearing. It came in the package with the toys guns so she wanted to put it on. But she said she was still a cowgirl.
The girls posed for some pictures before we left for our Ward Trunk or Treat.


They had this little scenrio all made up for this picture. Hayden, the brave cowgirl, is protecting Taylor, the scared little sock-hopper, from Payton, the evil vampire.

We love the Trunk or Treat activity at church every year. It is usually held the Wednesday before Halloween which I really like. It gives the girls two chances to wear their costumes and gives a chance to hang with all of our church friends without forgoing regular trick or treat time on Halloween. It is really fun to see how creative everyone gets with their trunks. We don't go all out, but we do have our little set of light up ghosts we have used the past couple of years. But, I think it messed up the AV lighters in the van because now I can't even charge my cellphone in them anymore. We also have a Halloween music CD that we play. Our favorite song is Monster Mash, which we kept playing over and over. This was the first year that we let the girls roam around the parking lot by themselves. I passed out candy, took pictures, and roamed around while Bryan harrassed the Parkes boys and threw candy at the older kids.
Hayden was very happy with how her costume turned out. She was so excited that I was finally going to let her wear the beloved cowgirl boots out of the house.

She came up with this little pose and was cracking us up with her deep southern drawl and fake spitting.

Hayden and Grant are great friends and were happy to pose for a picture when I asked. I think they look so cute with their missing teeth.
Payton's makeup job shows my most advanced makeup skills. Makeup and hair are not my thing at all but she was happy with the results.
She got less candy than the other girls because she spent alot of time at the Fusiotti car. They are a great ER Dickson family that Lisanka invited to Trunk or Treat. Traci brought a Smores maker instead of passing out candy. That was definately the hit of the night. Next year I think I might just have to bring a cotton candy machine and snowcone maker.
Taylor enjoyed running around and acting silly with her sisters and Hannah. She has never been my child that enjoys being totally dressed up or wearing makeup. So, this was as far as she wanted to go. No extra scarf or make up or elaborate hair do. Totally my kind of girl. I think she looks beautiful.


As usual we had a great time at the activity and as usual my chili didn't win. That is OK though because I have never tried to win. I don't have chili skills. I just bring a pot of my chili every year because I know my kids will eat it. It isn't too spicy. It doesn't have a bunch of beans. It isn't made with deer meat. It is just plain old chili.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

The girls are just adorable!! And I haven't seen you in about a million years, but GIRL have you lost about a million pounds? You look great!!!

Andrea said...

Yeah, for the an update. I don't care where you start, I'm just glad you blogged. Can't wait to read more.

Oh, and for the millionth time your girls are adorable.

Alabama Apples said...

I'm so glad you updated! I hope you and your wonderful family had a blast for Christmas. I'm eagerly awaiting that post. Tell both your older girls I'm so excited to be BOTH of their primary teacher! Hooray for me!