8/19/2009

Happy Birthday to me!

Another birthday has come and gone. I think I am somewhere in the thirties. I spent the day the best way I know how--with my family. We spent the morning at church having a ward swap day and scavenger hunt. I am a smidge competative so I was already gunning for our family to win. When I saw that the prize included a bag of peanut M&Ms, I knew losing was not an option. Thankfully, Bryan and the girls share my competative spirit. So off we went with our list in hand and a plan in mind. We had about half of the things in the car (sad, I know) and we went home for the rest of the stuff. We each picked something to we could get in the house and knew we had to be back in the car within 5 minutes. We found everything except for a 2009 coin. Who knew that would be so hard to come by? So I went to the place that has everything---Walmart. The ladies there went through two registers to find me a shiny 2009 quarter. We raced (not exceeding the speed limit) back to the church and proudly presented our bin of treasures.We won! Nevermind that there weren't very many teams or that we didn't have any small children to tend to. We won! We had a great time. Who knew that something so simple could be so much fun for our family to do together? And a special thank you to our driver who got us there safely and even entertained us with a song or two.

We spent the afternoon just chilling at home then went out to dinner at my FAVORITE restaurant. American Cafe never disappoints. The Spinach con queso was as good as ever and the food was great, as usual. We splurged and ordered dessert. Who can pass up S'mores Sundaes? My girls and Bryan know how to make me feel special. I sure am lucky!

4 comments:

Nutty Newburns said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Glad it was a great one. What's better than winning on your bday! We always love seeing ya'lls bday desserts YUMMY! We always forget about the American Cafe..We actually rented the whole place out for our 10 year reunion last year it was really nice and YUMMY!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday from us, too! Sounds like you celebrated thoroughly; good for you!

It's been a long time since I was able to chat with you and your mom at CKU Provo. Thought this was as good a post as any to say, "Hi!" and check to see how your sweet family is doing. It's fun to see how grown-up your girls look! Sounds like it's been a hectic summer (what with all the trampolines and broken ankle - poor kid!) even if it was way too short. We just started school, too.

Hope your enjoy your weekend. You can still celebrate your birthday, right? Extend the party? ;)

Rachael Emm......

Anna said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful day. Nothing beats great food and great company. Happy belated birthday!

nowellmama said...

good to see ya. love paytons glasses. glad haydens out of the boot. kandon would love to be running like her but he's still hoping. walking a little. starts physical thereapy soon. planning tomove next wk. need your email bc went to permission only blog site since cliff gone. thanks nakeysha