8/19/2009

NOW YOU SEE IT......


NOW YOU DON'T!!!!!!!


Hayden finally got her boot off on Monday. She has been hobbling around with that thing for six weeks and was not sad to see it go. The doctor said she healed like she should and she can return to normal activity now and sports in two weeks. I am not exactly sure what that means for a six year old. Her normal play is like a football game with no ball. She is always running around, jumping on stuff, tackling something, etc. The doctor said she should only be limited by her pain. Meaning, if her ankle starts to hurt, she should take a rest. Somehow I think cleaning her room or doing other chores might really make her ankle hurt.
Between her broken arm a couple of years ago and her broken ankle, we have been to the orthopedic doctor more times than I would like in her 6 short years of life. When we left, I told the nurse I hope we never see them again. I hope she didn't take it the wrong way. Somehow, I think we will be back.

2 comments:

Nutty Newburns said...

YAY Hayden!!! We know how that is we are so glad you are free from the boot! Dylan says "way to go, just be careful and don't re brake it!" like he did!!We know you ALL are glad that its over with! YAY!!

Anna said...

What a huge relief! Poor Hayden looked so miserable lugging that book around. Another obstacle conquered!