4/03/2010

Saturday...

I love Saturdays when we get to spend them together as a family. This was one of those days.

On Friday night, Taylor asked Bryan if she could go with him on the paper route. She was anxious to go when he woke her up. When they got back, she ran into my room to ask me if we could go out to breakfast as a family. I said sure and in my half-asleep state, I agreed to go here:


I have to remember that just because I have permenant veto power, doesn't mean that I always need to use it if I don't like something. So despite my disdain for buffets, we went. It helped that we had coupons. And really, in the world of buffets, Golden Corral is not too bad for breakfast. The girls loved all the choices and the best part to them is getting to have ice cream for breakfast dessert. As we are sitting there eating, we start to remember that Hayden as thrown up at the ol' corral a few times. She decided that she is going to start refering to it as "That Place Where I Throw Up." Thankfully, we made it through with breakfast in tact... or in tummy.

After our fine dining experience, we headed out for some more culture at Wal-mart. Once in a while, we do the once a month grocery haul as a family. I am not sure why. This time it was a matter of convenience. We stuck to the list and made it out with all our kids and no extra Easter candy. That is an accomplishment.

We rushed home to unload the cold stuff and go right back out to this event:


The Downtown Mobile Alliance along with the Exploreum hosted this event. The weather was great and we had alot of fun. The dino egg hunt was held in Beinville Square. After that, everyone paraded down Dauphin Street to Cathedral Square where they had live music, crafts, face painting, storytime, etc. We stayed until it got too hot. It was well worth the drive downtown. As a bonus, we got to hang out with the Kirby-ton clan. As usual, no visit downtown is complete without a stop at the peanut store.

After a quick stop at Best Buy, to window shop, we headed home to recharge. Then it was back out to Sam's for a rousing rendition of "Who Has To Go To The Bathroom Even Though We Just Left The House?" And a quick game of "Let's See How Many Times We Can Act Like Wild Animals Before We Get In Trouble." After that we ran by Target so the girls could get in a round of "Ignore Mom and Dad Calling Us While We Play The Display Wii Even Though We Have one At Home." I will loan my kids out if anyone is interested in learning these games.

2 comments:

Kara and Theo said...

That looks like fun! I just heard about the Egg Hunt downtown, after it happened! I thought my kids were the only ones who played those games, especially the "I have to pee even though we just left the house" game.

Andrea said...

LOL...Ummm...my kids already know those games. They must be teaching them at P.E. ha, ha!
Oh, and Cecily has already informed me that for her birthday she wants to go to Golden Corral for breakfast. I guess I need to be looking for some good coupons. :)