1/27/2013

1-27-13

This batch of cookies may not seem like that big of a deal to the average person.  But for me, it was a huge chocolate chip cookie break through.  Over the last several months, I have attempted to make chocolate chip cookies multiple times and they have been a disaster every time.  I tried different recipes.  Butter vs. Crisco.  Bought new baking powder.  Added extra flour.  Lowered the cooking temperature and increased cook time.  Nothing helped.  I figured that since I had started working I had lost my ability to make a good cookie.  So, I jokingly told Bryan today that if my cookies didn't turn out, I was going to have to quit working.  Well...good news!  I don't have to quit my job.  The cookies turned out and all is once again right in the world!
 
 
We have enjoyed Sunday dinner with Mimi and Opa the last several weeks.  I hope this becomes a long standing tradition.  We love hanging out with them.  Especially when Mimi has surprises like King Cake. 


No comments: