6/13/2008

Good friends mean good times

I am so lucky to have a great friend like Dianne. I am even luckier that she lives between Alabama and Utah so I get to visit her and the fam on the way. We miss the Mitchells alot so it is great to spend time with them. Our overnight visit with them last summer was entirely too short. So this year, we decided to spend an extra day with them. It still was not enough. Her two little ones are adorable and Bradley is growing up to be such a nice young man. Of course, I love anytime I get to spend with Dianne, and Arin is nice enough to tolerate us together. It goes without saying that we get a little silly around each other. So we made the most of our time together: a picnic, swimming at Arin's sister's house, a latenight trip to the grocery store, etc. We just enjoyed hanging out. Dianne made hairbows for the girls while I copied recipes from her cooking magazines (I found a delicious looking recipe for strawberries and cream french toast sticks that I might have to share.) Obviously, I couldn't let the time go by with out taking some pictures. So here they are:

My girls are in love with Lyla/Baby Juju. She is quite the princess and such a good baby.

The Mitchells are big OSU fans. Arin's brother will be starting for them next season. Hayden found this OSU helmet and put it on. I had to take a picture of her for Bryan. Taylor asked Dianne if they rooted for Alabama or Auburn. It was cracking me up, because it is a strange idea to Taylor that someone could like a team other than those two. Dianne had the best mix for wheat pancakes. I didn't tell my kids they were wheat and they gobbled them up and asked for seconds. Hayden and Aidan were nice enough to help in the preparation. My kids were introduced to a whole new way of eating pancakes and it is now their favorite: spread with peanut butter. Maybe we are the only ones who had never had PB on our pancakes, but now they won't eat them any other way. Arin's sister was so nice to let the girls swim in her pool. I think a little recreation helped make the last two days of driving more enjoyable.

While all the kids are playing in the pool and having a squirt gun fight, Aidan was busy trying to wrestle Bradley, trying push Arin in the pool, and taking a break for some skittles.

We were sad to leave them and Dianne said Aidan was sad we left, too. I am definately looking forward to seeing them again on our way back home.

No comments: