6/12/2008

Road trip - must haves:

On May 31st, we left on our road trip to Utah. I was definately excited about our final destination and a few stops in between. However, I was having a little anxiety about being in the car for three days with my kids. They were great last summer when we took the same trip, but I was still a little nervous. I shouldn't have been, because they were great. From my experience of the past two summers, I have come up with a list of things that are a must have for a smooth road trip. Here they are in no particular order:



Crayola Window Markers - these provide endless amounts of fun. Just be sure to have a generous supply of Windex wipes on hand, also.

Bottled Water - just don't freeze it the night before. This results in you having to keep bottles in your windshield all day to thaw them.

A couple of fun stops in between - Our choices were one of the Cherokee Trading Posts/Tourist trap in Oklahoma and the Capulin volcano in New Mexico. (more on these two in future posts.)
Leapsters (with headphones) MP3 player - preloaded with all your favorite tunes and the necessary gadgets to run it through your car stereo. I am done with the days of constantly changing CDs.

Crayola Model Magic - minimal mess, easy clean-up and tons 'o fun for everyone.


A mascot - a beautiful project from the previously mentioned model magic. By the end of the trip we had an entire family complete with a baby, a dog, and a few pieces of furniture.
Great friends to stop and see along the way - I highly recommend the Mitchells!! (more about them in another post)


And last but not least, an awesome destination! (more about that in MANY more posts)

3 comments:

Scrappinwendi said...

Glad that you made it safely to Utah. Enjoy your time with your family you deserve it!

Andrea said...

I love the last picture with the Emmertson and Benham children. Very sweet!

Laurie said...

You are one rockin mom! I'd travel with you anyday. Please please come to Utah again soon. I didn't get to play very much last time you came ;) We miss you!