9/24/2008

Let's play a game

Who is up for a guessing game?

What phrase do I say most often when the kids get in the car after school?

A. How was school?
B. Did y'all play with puppies at PE?
C. Who wants to go to Sonic?
D. Let's circle the parking lot and sit in carpool again.

The answer is: B
Why? You ask. Kids smell. And not just mine. But mine are the only ones that bring the offending PE odor into my car in the afternoons. So yes, I ask them pretty regularly if they played with puppies at PE. But about Sonic, here is another question?

How many times have we been to Sonic in Hayden's lifetime?

A. None, why would you want to eat outside in this heat.
B. Everyday. Hello, happy hour.
C. Six times
D. Who knows, but I could sure go for a big ol' nasty cup of ice right now.

The answer is: D
But, according to Hayden it is C. The other day after school she asks if we can go to Sonic for slushies. For the record, Sonic isn't near our house, and I don't think we have ever gone there after school. (Even though it does sound like a good idea.) I tell her no. Then she starts in with this whole whiny bit about how we NEVER go to Sonic. I, of course, answer with "Never?" She says "not never, but we have only been six times." I don't know where she came up with that number so I question that too. "Six times?" Hayden says "Well I havn't counted but I know we have only been six times." My poor deprived children.

4 comments:

Nutty Newburns said...

Tell Hayden she can move right on in with us Dylan has a Sonic right across the street from school and he whines EVERYDAY that we never go anymore we usually try to go once a week and get him a 99 cent banana split or a smoothy if he has earned it!I would love to know where they get there #s and reasoning for trying to get their way it is hilarious they never seem to forget and are pretty accurate most of the time Darn it!

Andrea said...

I love your post. So original, but oh so true for our family. My girls love to use the phrase, "We never...". But I always like to come back with, "Oh really!" too.

Scrappinwendi said...

Gotta love those green apple slushies. Hayden is a girl after my own heart.

Unknown said...

I bet you could squeeze in a few more trips to Sonic for happy hour!! You can't ask for a better slice of happiness than a big cup of ice. Oh, now you got me wanting to drive to Sonic. Tell my girls when they come see me I will take them to Sonic.