1/14/2008

A great picture from a great trip

This is one of my favorite pictures from our recent trip to Utah. This is just a small moment but it tells so much about our trip. Obviously, the kids were so happy to be together, just doing whatever. On this night, I came into Trent's room (where we slept) to find these girls reading in bed. Lynne and I had been out to dinner at Dave's restaurant and they were just waiting patiently to be tucked in when we got home. But this picture also tells so much more. In the background you can see a bowl sitting on the back of the bed. That bowl was used for multiple vomiting episodes for several children. I was afraid they weren't quite over being sick, so I kept it by the bed just in case. The rest of Trent's headboard is empty of all of his things. This only happened after repeated requests by him for my girls to leave his things alone. They didn't. He wasn't happy, I wasn't happy, and they weren't happy after the punishment. The clock shows sometime between 10 and 11 o'clock which was the frequent bedtime for the girls on this trip. Sometimes even later than that. I love looking at this picture because it is a glimpse into such a happy memory.

No comments: