1/10/2008

A Funny thing

I know it has been a while since I've updated. And I will update with Christmas pictures soon. But, I just wanted to post something funny that I saw yesterday. I was at Brunos getting some groceries. And at the register there is a little old lady getting a "carry out." (That is when you are to old, pregnant, or lazy to wheel your own cart to the car and put the groceries in.) So I see her and the Brunos employee in the parking lot on the way to her car. Now remember she must be about 115 years old or something. So she points the way to her Cadi parked in the first handicap spot and hobbles over there. She pops the trunk with her little remote thing and the nice young man starts loading her bags in. Then he reaches in the cart and pulls out a case of beer and puts it in the trunk. Now I don't know why I find it so amusing that this little old lady is buying a case of beer,...but, I just do. So I'm picturing in my head her sitting at home getting plastered while watching Antique Roadshow or something like that. But then, I realize. If she couldn't put her own groceries in her car, how the heck is she going to get them out?!? So, I'm thinking she is just going to have to drink that 24 pack of Coors before she gets home. So next time you see a little old lady with perfect hair, wearing a sweater in 80 degree weather, driving a navy blue Cadillac, she isn't driving bad because she is old. She is driving bad because she is drunk.

1 comment:

Alabama Apples said...

You crack me up!! I seriously laughed out loud! Now I know the reason for the crazy driving.

Liberty