12/17/2007

S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y morning

Another day of craziness has come and gone at the Emmertson house. Our ward is doing this 12 days of Christmas thing for the missionaries and we signed up for last Saturday. I only signed up to have one set over, though. I'm just trying to minimize the chaos. We invited them over for breakfast and had the works. They hung out and played dreidel and lincoln logs and colored with the girls while I made sugar cookies for everyone to frost. As you can tell from the pictures, everyone was having a good time. Their names are Elder Cornwell and Elder Wilson. Hayden has a not so secret crush on Elder Cornwell. And she said last time they were over that Daddy embarrassed her. So we tried to keep the silly comments about how much she loves him to a minimum. So here are the pictures with a little commentary.


Taylor's masterpieces




Payton striking a pose, as usual




These cookies have reached maximum sprinkle capacity


These girls worked hard and only ate a little frosting in the process.








She is just getting started.



Elder Wilson and his perfect tree. He said his mom makes hundreds of cookies every year to give to the neighbors.




Elder Cornwell



I just wanted one picture of them all together. But this is the silly one. I'm pretty sure the missionaries are thinking, "Please, stop inviting us over."



We wanted to get them a little Christmas present to remember us by. So, this was the obvious choice.



We had to include the missionaries in our new favorite tradition. Elder Wilson is quite the competitive dreidel player.



Bryan made the frosting for the cookies. It is the butter frosting recipe out of the red checkered cookbook. Anyway, it was delicious.



I did come to the realization, again, the making sugar cookies is not really a skill that I have. So I have added it to the list of things I am not good at. Have you seen my list? It is a piece of paper with lincoln logs and sugar cookies written on it.

1 comment:

Rich said...

Hey! All the girls are wearing the same shirt! Did they do that on purpose? ;-)

Spin the Driedel reminds me of an Adam Sandler song.