12/04/2007

Just trying to stay ahead.

Its only December 4th and our Christmas season is already in full swing. Here is a quick rundown. On the 1st, we went and picked up our Christmas tree, stopped by Guitar Center for the girls to show us the drums, guitars, keyboards, tamborines, etc. that they want Santa to bring them, then hurried home to set the tree up and get ready for the Luau. Allie Singleton stayed with on Saturday night so that I could help Bryan with the 4-part paper on Sunday morning. On the 2nd, we went to church then came home and tried to decorate the tree. Only to discover that we didn't have any lights. We spent the afternoon making advent chains then went to church for the First Presidency Christmas Devotional. We left early, because the girls apparently still thought they were dancing at the luau. (I was not happy.) On Monday, the 3rd, we had all four missionaries over for dinner and FHE. Jill and Addy also came into town to visit. During the day Monday, I set out to return some things, find a tree skirt, buy some Christmas lights, etc. After dinner with the missionaries, FHE, and a couple of songs from the elders, we were, once again, going to try to decorate the tree. It was then that Bryan realized I have bought lights that were on a white string instead of green. I was so mad at myself but, I packed up all the lights and vowed to get the right kind the next day. So today, Jill and I got the right kind of lights and brought them home where she, Hayden, and I finally got the tree decorated. Why the rush? Becuase I am the last house for the Relief Society Progressive Dinner tonight. So later I will be frantically cleaning. But for now, I have to go find a ham, some rolls, and something to put hot chocolate in.
I am singing in church on Sunday, too. Any suggestions?

No comments: