12/06/2007

St. Nick and a little decor

I finally got the tree decorated and the rest of the Christmas stuff put out. I was trying a little experiment with the tree decorating. Out of necessity, I decorated the tree while the kids were at school. I was thinking that it would be a fun surprise for them to come home from school and have everything all done. You know, a little makeover of the living room. I knew they would either love it or whine about not getting to help. Guess which reaction they had? Yup, they whined. I think there was even a tear or two. Needless to say, they will be putting the ornaments on the tree next year. Who cares if only the bottom half of the tree gets decorated. To add insult to injury, Hayden kept telling them that it was okay because she had set aside some ornaments for them to put on the tree. I didn't know anything about this and I thought that the little pile of ornaments sitting on the dining room table was just part of the mess and I had already hung them several hours prior to the girls getting home. So in the matter of 5 seconds, I successfully upset all three of the girls. Wasn't the first time and it certainly won't be the last, I'm sure. So here are the pics of the tree, mantle, fisher-price nativity, and the book basket. I couldn't take a picture of my Willow Tree nativity because it is in the china cabinet and the flash kept washing everything out. But, I LOVE my little display.






Oh, and we had a little visitor last night. But that wasn't without drama. The girls couldn't agree on which shoes to put out. Payton wanted all left shoes. Hayden wanted Taylor to use her school shoes but Taylor didn't want to take them off her feet. So Hayden went and got one of Taylor's other shoes. Taylor didn't like that shoe. Payton put a croc out. Hayden didn't like that shoe. Blah, Blah, Blah.

No comments: