2/17/2008

Another little funny...

Hayden as usually had us laughing tonight. Bryan was sharing some Dove chocolate hearts with her and "reading" her the messages from the inside of the foil. When she asked what they said, he would tell her it said to give daddy all of her chocolate or give daddy lots of kisses. She didn't believe him so she insisted that he tell her what it really said. So he opens another one and tells her it says "Go where your heart takes you" or something like that. She opens another one and "reads" it herself. She said "My heart takes me to Toys R Us everyday, and Chuck E Cheese."

She also gave me a little lesson on the phases of the moon the other day. Taylor asked me if I had seen the day time moon the other day. I told her that Hayden had told me they had seen it while playing outside. Hayden chimes in with "It was a half moon, not a crescent moon." I said, "What do you know about crescent moons?" She said they are shaped like this, and draws a "C" in the air. Then she tells me the front is little and the back is big. I asked her where she learned that. She told me "a book." I asked her what book she had read and she told me "a train book." So, I asked her if she learned about the moon in the train book. Her answer was, "Nooooo, I learned about trains and how they can carry animals." OK

On the way home from church today Hayden out of the blue says "I don't get it." Of course, I ask her what she doesn't get. And she proceeds to tell me that her and Josiah (her friend from church) are they same size, but he is 5 and she doesn't get it. Then she told me it was just like that Ashli is taller than Stacey, but Stacey is still the mom. Do I explain genetics to her now, or wait a few years?

And by the way, when Hayden is a teenager she gets all of Ashli's things. Why you ask? Because, Ashli will be a grown-up and won't need them anymore. What things exactly? Everything, her clothes, her jewelry, all the stuff in her room, everything. Shouldn't she ask Ashli? No, because she won't need it anymore. And how do I know all of this? Because Hayden told me.

No comments: