11/16/2008

I have field trip fatigue

It is only November and between the three girls, there have already been six field trips. Fire Station, Little Schoolhouse, Bellingrath Gardens, the Farm, the Battleship, and Christmas Jubilee. Taylor has another next week, too. Since I am in school, I haven't been able to go on all of them. Bryan and Aiti (Bryan's mom) have filled in. However, I am already growing a little tired of them. I know that sounds horrible. Bryan tells me that the kids don't need one of us as a chaperone on every single one. But, I feel like it is one of the reasons I am a stay-at-home-sometimes-when-I-am-not-in-school-myself-or-volunteering-at-their-school-or-running-errands-or-doing-something-church-related-mom. However, I know how much the kids like having one of us along so, I will continue to go. Even though the buses usually stink, I usually have to ride on the bus with the mean driver that won't let anyone talk, and bathroom facilities aren't always the cleanest, I will still go. I have learned a few tricks of the field trip chaperoning trade. Always bring a bottle of water and some Excedrin. Stash a few books in the bag for the really long bus rides. Keep hand sanitizer handy. Pack a yummy lunch. Don't stress if you forget the camera. Kiss your child alot in front of their friends. Sing silly songs together. I forgot my camera on Hayden's field trip to the Battleship last week. Here are a few pictures of her Fire Station and Farm fieldtrips:

Bryan took the day off to go on the Fire Station field trip and just smiled when I handed him the camera. He knew what to do.


This little farm is in Bay Minette and is about 1 hr from the school. The long bus ride is worth it. It is one of the "Kindergarten" field trips, so I have been there 3 times. I still acted very excited about the emus, pigs, pony rides, etc. all for Hayden.
That is Hayden's teacher, Ms. Ryall. According to Hayden, she is the best teacher in the whole world. I totally agree. I think Lynne would, too. Trent and Riley both had her for Kindergarten.





1 comment:

Andrea said...

Enjoy them while they still have them. IF it were not for PACE, Ariel would have none and Cecily has only had one. Fun times, fun memories.