11/02/2008

Saturdays are so unpredictable...

...except for one thing--ALABAMA FOOTBALL! ROLL TIDE!

Our Saturdays always seem busy. They may involve cleaning the garage, helping spruce up the family cemetery, family picnics, church activities, working on the car, etc. However, we ALWAYS make time to watch the game. Around here, when you say "the game" everyone knows what you are talking about. We have been Alabama fans forever. We have rooted for them through the good times and bad (losses, sanctions, injuries, numerous coaching changes, etc.) This season has made it all worth it. Since Bryan and I both went to U of A we can rightfully call the Crimson Tide "our team." The girls love to watch the games too, especially when I make fun snacks.

The third Saturday in October is always a big game. The Alabama/ Tennesse rivalry is second only to the Alabama/Auburn rivalry. To paraphrase an Alabama player: We hate Auburn because we have to. We hate Tennesse because we want to. Lynne told me about this clip on youtube. After watching it, I had to share. I can not figure out how to post the actual video, but here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7G7loR2VVw

Anyway, I made a few fun treats for the Tennessee game this year. We had apples with caramel dip, halloweeen cupcakes, sausage dip, and Chicago style pizza. After seeing a food network special about it, Bryan decided we should try to make some. It actually turned out pretty good, but looked to gross too take pictures of.

This is the best sausage dip and is so easy to make. I got the recipe from one of my scrapping friends, Debby. She brought this to a crop one time and it was love at first bite. Just cook up your sausage (I wouldn't use anything other than Jimmy Dean.) Drain off the fat then add a can of rotel and block of cream cheese. Mix it all up and serve. So delicious.

Before the game, the girls were out drawing with sidewalk chalk on the driveway and they heard the ice cream man. So, they all run in to get their allowance and run back out to sit and wait. They sat at the bottom of the driveway and waited for almost an hour. They kept hearing the faint song of the ice cream truck, but it never came down our street. Taylor told me they prayed six times and it still didn't come. I tried to make it all better. I went outside with a box of popsicles and offered to sell those to them. Taylor and Hayden were ready to buy but, Payton was all upset because she didn't think she should have to buy popsicles from me. So being the nice mom that I am, I gave them away for free.

This is Taylor's masterpiece on the driveway. In case you can't read it, the title is "Family Stages." The order of the stages is love, marriage, baby, grow up, live, and die. I guess, since Bryan and I love each other, got married, then had a few babies, we are now growing up. Don't you just love it. I really can't wait until I get to start living.

No comments: