5/20/2009

Today

Today...I am copying Lynne's blog post.

Today...was the last day of Tiger Ice for this school year and I was able to make it through without getting a single drop on my clothes. That might be because I was only there for third grade.

Today...I ran to Wal-mart to buy lunchables after dropping the kids off at school because they informed me that the sliced ham being served in the cafeteria was "disgusting." I bought a pound of my favorite Jennie-O Sun-dried Tomato Turkey (sliced on a #1) while I was there.

Today...I got a much needed pedicure and indulged myself in a recent copy of Us Weekly while there. When I say much needed, I am serious.

Today...was the last day of after-school choir practice for Taylor. I played bubbles with Hayden while we waited. The big High School Musical concert is on the last day of school. I can't wait.

Today...I went to 3 stores looking for the elusive perfect brown flip-flop. My old ones are RAGGED but I will wear them until I find the perfect replacement.

Today...I was lonely, just like everyday. You would think that after an entire school year, that I would be used to being alone during the day, but I am not.

Today...as usual, I cried when I read Lynne's blog.

Today...Mrs. Funk was nice enough to take Payton home with Elle and then on to soccer practice. The end of the season tournament is this weekend and their team is in second place.

Today...I am sad that the school year is almost over and that means the kids are getting older.

Today...I am excited that the school year is almost over because that means no more ironing uniforms, packing lunches, signing reading logs, etc. for 2 1/2 months.!!!!!

Today...the DVDs were returned on time to the library. That is a first in a very long time.

Today...Hayden came home and promptly changed into her pajamas. Oh wait, that happens everyday.

Today...I was not as concerned about the dog roaming the neighborhood as my neighbor was. He is way nicer about dogs than I am.

Today...I am going to my first mutual activity in a long time since I am now serving in YW after serving in RS for almost 4 years.

Today...I counted the days again until the Benhams get here. Only 10 more days. I can't wait!!!!

5 comments:

Lynne said...

This is Riley:

I would love a tiger ice right now!It's probably hotter there than it is here,though.We're really exited about the trip too.

Scrappinwendi said...

I hear you about the brown flip flops. I actually ordered a pair on line from shoe station because i think that the stores out here dont have a good selection. I also cant find yellowbox out here either. Have a great time with the Benhams : ) Wish you were coming here though.

Jennifer and Enoch Jones said...

You are in YW now!? Wow... Way to go! Taylor will be there before you know it, and it will be fun mother/daughter time ;) Tomorrow: We are coming to church to say goodbye! See you then!

Laurie said...

Annie, Lynne let me look online at your family beach pictures. WAAAAY nice! What a cute family. Your girls are so pretty...must get it from their mother :)

nowellmama said...

hey sorry just saw your blog abt food storage deals. maybe u can turn it in'to a business or wk with others. lady at myfoodstoragedeals.blogspot.com does it. ck out. hope all is well. thanks nakeysha