3/25/2008

Ever have one of those days...

...when you can't wait for bedtime. I have -- a time or two, or a thousand. Well that was me, several nights ago. I had rushed to get the girls from gymnastics, finish making dinner, help the girls with their homework, then feed the hungry clan so I could meet Tammy at the park. After a sweaty 5.7 miles, I head home, jump in the shower, and get the girls ready for bed. I could hardly make it up the stairs, and all I wanted was to rush this bedtime extravaganza along. It usually involves prayers, a song, and tucking in for each girl. But I was all about skipping the songs for that night. But Hayden begged me for just one song. And also, could I rock her while I sing to her instead of just kneeling by her bed. So, as the phrase "man, I am nice" runs through my head, I haul my 45lb. "baby" into my lap in the rocking chair in her room. She asks for a primary song, then another. I was too tired to get up so I agreed. She wanted to hear "I Love to See the Temple." So I start singing, and she joins in. Then from the other rooms I hear the other girls singing along. It was beautiful. I was tempted to stop singing so I could just hear them. But, I knew if I stopped, they would stop, so I kept on. It was the best 2 minutes of my day. It was one of those moments, when you feel so blessed to be a mom of such great kids. A true tender mercy, for a tired mom.

No comments: