3/04/2008

Observation of the day

Hayden: Mom, my crocs and my apple are the same color!

After eating her apple, she told me her teeth hurt. I look in her mouth and see that her bottom two teeth are loose. She is obviously really excited. I told her I was worried that between the 12 teeth Taylor has lost and the 8 teeth Patyon has lost, I don't think the tooth fairy will have any money left for her. But she told me it was okay because the tooth fairy has 152,000 dollars.
I sure am going to miss her next year when she is in Kindergarten.
Speaking of losing teeth, Payton lost her 8th one at school yesterday. She put her little tooth in her tooth box last night and prayed that the tooth fairy would bring her at least $1 because that is all she still needs to be able to buy the baton and pom-pom set at Red Balloon. Well at 4:45 this morning I hear some commotion upstairs, and I run up to make sure everything is OK. Payton was wide awake sitting on her bed counting her money. Her prayers had been answered. The tooth fairy came and now she had more than enough money. I, of course, turned off the light, pointed at the clock and told her to go back to sleep. The best part of this story is that she couldn't go back to sleep in her bed, so she had to get in my bed, where Hayden already had been since 4:00 when Bryan left. So much for me getting back to sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Crocs are gay. I can't believe you let my nieces wear them ol' ugly shoes! You should be ashamed!