8/19/2008

Believe it or not...

...we started school, too. It is no secret that it has been harder on me than any of the girls. I already miss the lazy days of summer, but I love having the structure again. I was/am super sad about Hayden starting Kindergarten. I have shed a tear or two or a hundred. But, she loves it and is already so happy and of course, that makes me happy. The week before school started, Bryan and I went and saw Mama Mia. There is a song in there called "Slipping Through My Fingers" or something like that. Anyway, I was totally crying as I thought about Hayden going off to school. Then I started thinking about when the other girls started school, and it just went downhill from there. I still cannot listen to that song without crying. So, I don't. I'll try to find a way to post it, so everyone can share in my pitiful moment with me. Fortunately, my help has been needed a few times at school already, so I get to have a little hug, kiss, or a wave from my girls throughout the day. It makes it better.

I feel bad for all of the other kids at school, though. Because my girls are TOTALLY the cutest. Especially on the first day of school.



You know what I'm about to say Riley?.....

Don't hate. Appreciate.

It was raining like nobody's business on that first day, and several more days since then. But that is summer time in Mobile. We just go about our business, splashing through the puddles and having a good excuse for bad hair.

2 comments:

Maureen said...

I can't or at least don't want to imagine when Ari's in school and they are all gone every day. That must have been hard. Glad she's happy. And as for your kids being cutest I'll have to give them 2nd place. :~)

Melissa said...

I can only imagine when Lucas goes off to school. I already cry every day because he does something new you know like walk, get up an down off the couch. I am constantly crying.