8/20/2008

Getting ready

Disclaimer: In case you haven't noticed, I haven't spent much time blogging lately. So for the next little while, I'll be playing catch-up. I have certain family members harrassing me about posting some pictures. Enjoy!

We didn't jump into this school year without preparation. We counted down days, bought supplies, met teachers, filled out paperwork, bought and ironed uniforms, dug out old uniforms to see what still fits who, planned our morning and afternoon routines, hung backpack hooks, etc.
This was right before we went to meet the teachers and bring our supplies. Payton was especially excited because we had not gotten a call from her teacher so we had no idea who she would have. Taylor is the only one that needed two bags for her supplies. I tell you, 3rd grade is no joke.


The night before school started the girls received several phone calls from friends and family wishing them good luck. This is Hayden talking to her best friend Grant. Thanks Aiti, Benhams, Mimi and Opa, and Kirbys for thinking of us!


The job board has been in place for a while, but we have been a little relaxed with it. But school usually jump starts the chore chart again. (Please ignore the laundry room walls. That is the only room we haven't repainted. That border has been up since we bought the house.)


Oldnavy.com is my best friend. That is almost one stop shopping, except for shoes and plaid. I spent several hours on Saturday ironing and sorting. It is all ready to go and the girls have already planned their outfits. The decision is so tough. White shirt or white shirt? Hmmmmmm. The uniform policy does allow for green polos but I just love the white so thats all I buy. But the real decision comes between khaki and plaid. Jumper, skirt, or skort? Decisions, decisions. At least we can have variety in hairbows and ribbons.


Bryan hung these hooks for me in the laundry room. It has already proved to be awesome. The girls take their backpacks right to their hook when they get home. And we have had a whole week of school and haven't lost a lunchbox yet.


The shoe basket completes command central for school. The shoes come right off and into the basket when we get home. We haven't rushed around looking for shoes yet. Let's hope we can keep this up.


We are off to a good start. If only I could figure away around all the ironing.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I love your job chart! Oh, and I'm so glad that your blogging again!

Jim and Merry said...

So is yo Mama. Thanks so much for blogging, Annie!