8/31/2008

Kong Kone

I know that I have been promising pictures from our summer vacation. So I will be adding them slowly, but surely. Whenever we visit Utah, we have a list of places we like to go. Well after finding out about the Kong Kones, we had to add Maceys grocery store to our list. Besides Kong Kones, they have very good sales. I'll have to post about my love affair with Utah grocery store sales at a later time. Anyway, we believed all of they hype and we weren't let down.

So what do you get when you add this:


and this?


THIS!!!!


and THIS!

We asked the girl at the counter how many times a day people drop their cone. She told us that was the first time she had seen it happen since she had been working there. What?!? She must have started working there that morning or something.






I am a sucker for soft serve ice cream. Especially a swirl cone(or twist-as they say in Utah.) But Lynne and I were good and resisted temptation. These pictures sure do make my mouth water, though!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Man that does look good! Good for you Lynne for being able to resist temptation. I would have been able to resist buying one for myself ONLY for the fact that I KNOW Cecily would take about 5 bites and give me the rest. HA! and you know I would have eaten every last bite!
As for the girl saying she had never seen anyone drop their cone before that day. I have to agree with you. When I showed Mike the first picture, his first words were that's for sure going to drop!
Thanks for sharing the pictures! Your family is really great!

Jim and Merry said...

I am so impressed by your self control! I wouldn't be able to resist that yummy-looking ice cream.... In fact, I may have to look for a reason to head on down to Pleasant Grove...