8/31/2008

Everybody Rock and Roll...


What does someone do when there is a hurricane coming? Go to a sock hop, of course. Taylor and Bryan went to the Activity Days Daddy Daughter Sock-Hop on Saturday. Taylor has been excited about this since it was announced earlier this summer. She isn't normally a dress-up kind of girl, but she was especially excited about getting all dolled up for the event. We went to together and picked out the perfect colors, trim, and poodle applique for her skirt. I can count on one hand the number of things I have sewn in my lifetime. So, me making a poodle skirt for her was quite an undertaking. It didn't turn out quite like I had hoped, but to her, it was perfect. The whole time I was working on it, she kept telling me how much she loved it. It really made the work worthwhile.


They danced, hula hooped, made a little keepsake frame, and ate root beer floats. I am not sure who had more fun--Taylor or Bryan. Taylor did say that Bryan embarrassed her a little so, I am guessing he was quite the dancing fool.


I just love these pictures. You can tell on Taylor's face how much she loves her daddy. I know every now and then, Bryan secretly (or openly) wishes we had a boy, but he is such a good "girl" dad. Even though he doesn't understand the drama, isn't too fond of Hannah Montana, and isn't the best at fixing hair, he is a great dad to our daughters. He loves them so much! I couldn't ask for anything more.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

That is so sweet! I love that the Stake puts on a Daddy/Daughter activity each year. I think it is so sweet to see the girls with their dads!

Jim and Merry said...

AND a super son-in-law! We love our Bryan!