1/12/2011

11

Since the kids have gone back to school, I have spent most of my time mainly doing one thing. Trying to stay WARM. I know it was this cold last year too, but I just can not get used to it. I hate being hot and always say that I would rather be cold than hot. So I guess I am not complaining about the cold. Really, I am just trying to manage it. It isn't even warm in the afternoons when the kids get home from school. I figured I could make the cold more bareable for the girls by doing this:
I set up a hot chocolate bar similar to one I had seen on another blog. We love our hot chocolate around here so this was the perfect after school snack. I used stuff I had left over from holiday baking. Sprinkles, crushed up candy canes, marshmallows, peanut butter chips, mini chocolate chips, and whipped cream.
They are already wondering when we can do this again. I am sure it will be very soon.

3 comments:

Kara and Theo said...

I am so stealing this idea! My kids LOVE hot chocolate and it really would be the perfect after school treat. Great idea!

Lynne said...

You're awesome, Annie. I will be stealing this, as well.

Andrea said...

You are awesome! What a great idea! I love it too!