1/21/2011

Ohhh, Panera.

Today was my orientation for my Sequence Field Experience for school. I prepared myself by making a pit stop by Panera for a souffle. YUM. Thank you, Lynne, for introducing this to me. My life will never be the same. And thank you Lisanka for joining me for breakfast. We need to do it again sometime. Oh wait, we are. Next Friday...same time...same place. Does anyone else want to come with us?



After orientation and before going to the school to do the "store" in Hayden's class, I ran to Publix. Just a quick trip. I know that sounds weird considering it is 30 minutes away. But I was on a strict time schedule and I had a list of exactly what I was going after. With my list and my coupons, I scored $165 worth of food for about $50.
My best buys were the Kraft Homestyle macaroni and cheese and the Yoplus Yogurt. They were both free. For my friends that are coupon novices:

Mac & Cheese: Reg price: $2.69 -on sale Buy one get one Free (At Publix that means 1/2 price)
Sale price: $1.35
Coupons used: $1.00 of coupon in last week's paper
$1.00/2 coupon in Walgreen's January coupon book
Total cost: neg $0.15

Yogurt: Reg price: $2.00 - on sale Buy One Get One
Sale price: $1.00
Coupons used: $1.00 of one printable coupon

Some items aren't a huge sale. But if it is something I normally buy, than it is worth it. Like the capri-suns. I don't buy these every week. But I like to have them on hand for when we are too rushed to fill up water bottles in the morning. They were on sale for $2.00 (which is the Wal-mart price) but I was able to use a Walgreens coupon. They are never $2.00 a box at Walgreens and I can't use that coupon at Walmart so this is the best scenario for me to buy these.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program....

1 comment:

Kara and Theo said...

That souffle likes so yummy!!! I love Panera, I don't know how I could have missed that. What time do you guys meet on Friday?