1/04/2011

Tuesday routine

Tuesday is one of our busiest days. Last semester it meant school for me, school for the girls, Mobile's Singing Children, and soccer. This semester will probably be just as busy. After picking the girls up from school we head over to two hours of MSC rehearsal. Being responsible for the monitors means I get to fill in the slots that no parents have signed up for. The advantage is that I get to hear them rehearse and sometimes sit in theory with them. This is a picture of Hayden working on a music theory review "test" that they had today. Taylor and Hayden love being part of MSC. They both say that going to theory is one of their favorite parts.


When Hayden auditioned this year, I suggested to Payton that she might want to. She wasn't interested. However, she still has to tag along with me when I monitor. Since soccer hasn't started back up yet, she has to sit with me the 2+ hours during rehearsal. After finishing her homework, this is usually how she spends her time. She is currently reading "The Red Pyramid" by Rick Riordan. She loved the Percy Jackson series and "The Lost Hero." And so far, she is loving this book.
The crockpot has become my best friend on Tuesdays. Guess what the crockpot held tonight?
Pulled pork with the best BBQ sauce in town. Yummy!

3 comments:

Kara and Theo said...

I've never tried that kind of BBQ sauce, where do you get that? That's awesome she loves theory so much!

annie said...

Kara, that is Dreamland BBQ sauce. It is a staple in our pantry and we get it from Dreamland. I did see it at Bruno's once but it was more expensive than buying it from the restaurant.

Lynne said...

Yum! The girls and the BBQ sauce.