1/02/2011

Our personal rockstar

The Benhams and Dave left today and it goes without saying that we are VERY sad. You would think that it would get easier to say goodbye at some point, but it doesn't. So instead of being sad, I am going to be happy about the fun times we had.

It was awesome to have Dave here. My kids love him so much and he is incredibly kind and patient with them. Having him as a brother is a real blessing. We can have an intellectual conversation one minute and be laughing about something really ridiculous the next. He is definately an important part of our family. His laugh is infectious and his music warms my heart. I could sit and listen to him sing and play the guitar all day. As the car was being packed, he took time to sit with Payton one last time and play the guitar with her. He played the chords while she strummed. It is these moments that I will miss the most. Love you Dave!!!


1 comment:

Lynne said...

Sorry I took Dave away from you. We are lucky sisters, aren't we?