1/12/2011

12

Reasons we waited so long to take the tree down:
1) The girls didn't want me to.
2) It is too big and too beautiful to only enjoy for two weeks.
3) It is a reminder of a wonderfully unforgettable Christmas.
4) I love the way it smells.

We decided to finally take the tree down today. I knew I needed to do it now before I start school next week or it would still be in my living room in May. So we had a "tree un-decorating party." We sang Christmas carols, found a few toys in the tree, found a nerf dart on the mantle behind the garland, talked about our favorite ornaments, broke a couple of said ornaments, and fondly remembered Christmas.


To complete the party, Bryan built a fire and we roasted marshmallows.

Did you know that if you put dried Christmas tree branches in the fireplace it sounds like fireworks?

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Did you find my scriptures in your tree? Riley wants her nerf dart back.