1/06/2011

Day 6

I love the few minutes that Taylor and I have alone together in the afternoons before we pick up the other girls. When she runs to the car in the afternoons, she always has a big smile on her face. She loves her school, friends, teacher, etc. When she gets in the car we talk about her day. The highlights always involve what she did in PE and who she sat with at lunch. There is also usually talk about a certain boy. Sometimes I get to hear about a science lab, the book she is reading, or something neat she learned. Other times she shares details about her day that may seem mundane, but I love hearing about them. Today she told me about how she reorganized her desk and textbooks. She told me who she sat with at lunch. She told me her hands were red after PE from playing tetherball the whole time. She asked me what some words mean in the book she is reading. She showed me the new mechanical pencil she bought so she could do her homework in the car. She told me she is learning how to use a protactor. She reminded me how many more basketball games are left in the season and that she would really like to go to one. While we sat in the carpool line the other school, she quickly did her homework so she could play when she got home. I love this sweet girl!


On a totally different note: How did I ever live without this thing? Bryan has given me some pretty awesome Christmas presents through the years and this one is close to the top of the list. (The engagement ring 13 years ago is at the top.) I am so lucky to have the best husband in the world!

1 comment:

Lynne said...

This post made me cry. Taylor is so cute and sweet. I love reading about all the random things she tells you about. And you mixer is HOT!